So somewhere in the bustle of the holidays, my never ending sniffles, and out of town guests, I missed my 5th anniversary on WP! It happened like on December 30th (give or take a day.)
Happy Anniversary to my little ass, Aging Gracefully!
Holy cow, that was a fast 5 years!
When I started AGMA, I had a lot of time on my hands. Blogging seemed like a good way to fill some of it. I’m a bit ADHD, so I needed something to keep me busy.
Little did I know that the next 5 years would turn out to be crazy eventful. And my days would soon be overflowing with “opportunities” to be busy…
- The most adorable grandchildren in the world (MAGITW) made their appearances in 2014 and 2016. And there is soon to be a 3rd MAGITW! Stay tuned this summer…
- I decided to start “running” marathons, and have 6 notches in my belt so far. I ran my 1st one 2 months after starting AGMA.
- My love of thrifting turned into a little Ebay business. The problem is that AGMA loves thrifting more than listing the items on Ebay. And I’m running out of places to store the
- I gave up the space I was renting and made the decision to switch my massage practice almost exclusively to corporate chair massage. And business has been good. Very good.
- Because of the series of most unfortunate events on November 8, 2016 and after, arranged by Comrade Putin, I’ve become a Resistor (NOT the electrical kind.). This has taken up quite a bit of AGMA’s time. But it’s time well spent (refer to the 1st bullet point!)
- I’ve been able to indulge my passion for travel both domestically and internationally like never before. With a very flexible work schedule, family & friends flung all over the US, a bit more in the bank account, and the desire to sample local wines in every country in the world (still working on this…), AGMA has racked up beaucoup miles in the air and in the car. Now THAT’s what I’m talkin’ about!
- Some “not aging gracefully” health junk has taken up way too much time. I’m not a fan and ignore whenever possible… But I’m pretty pumped because I had my BIG birthday a few weeks ago. It’s Medicare time now baby!
It’s been a rockin’ and rollin’ 5 years.
But I love this little AGMA blog and ADORE my blogging friends. Yinz guys (to say it in my native Pittsburghese!)
And I’m looking forward to another 5, 10, 15, dare I say 20 (?) years of blogging.
By 2038, I predict I will have at least 4 more tattoos, will have run at least 30 marathons, have an Ebay business that Jeff Bezos will envy, will have finished my wine quest (hic), will have a great grandchild, and will have visited the Big Orange Cheeto and his posse in prison at least once since being sentenced in 2019.
Nah – maybe not that last one…
But you can read all about it here on AGMA so stick around!
P.S. I am forever grateful to the now “retired” blogger, Dobster, who gave me wonderful encouragement in those early months of AGMA. I still miss him – he quit blogging cold turkey one day in 2015. It was jarring and I felt like I’d lost a friend. If he hasn’t already, I hope he returns to the blog-o-sphere one day. His posts made me laugh.