It’s time to lighten this joint up!
AGMA’s last three posts have been of a somewhat somber nature. My apologies for the barrage of Debbie Downer posts.
To be totally honest, life still seems to be a bit more on the old, dirty shoe leather side than the rainbows and unicorns side. And it’s so easy to settle into a comfy seat and start chewing away at it.
Like I’ve been doing for the last 3 weeks.
It’s really hard to write a light, funny, fluffy post when you’re just not feeling it. At least for AGMA it is.
I was never a very good liar.
So my go to in the ‘I need to write something that will make folks smile, but have no clue what to write’ department is my AGMA spam folder in WP. It’s usually full of potential for humor. Here’s one of my spam themed posts… Love is Love
But it was not to be. I guess WP automatically purges spam folders on a regular basis. The last time I looked at it there were 12 spammies in it. Today, there are 2.
And one was in Russian:
“Добрый день. Предлагаем Вам наши услуги в области международных перевозок грузов.
Работаем международных грузоперевозок по основным направлениям: Россия (Челябинск, Екатеринбург, Пермь, Новосибирск, Красноярск, Омск, Тюмень, Томск) – Беларусь – Казахстан.
Но можем выполнить перевозку грузов по любым иным маршрутам.
Более подробно можете почитать на сайте компании “МиТур” ”
According to Google translate, it says:
“Good day. We offer you our services in the field of international cargo transportation. We work international cargo transportation in key areas. Russia (Chelyabinsk, Yekaterinburg, Perm, Novosibirst, Krasnoyarsk, Omsk, Tyumen, Tomsk – Belarus – Kazakhstan, but we can carry out the transportation of cargoes on any other routes, You can read more on the website of the company “MiTour”. ”
So AGMA might have to consider the nuclear option.
I might have to go all Julie Andrews on everybody. “Raindrops on roses, and whiskers on kittens…”
So here’s a partial list (in no particular order) of what makes AGMA smile:
- Hedgehogs in lawn chairs
- Minions (the yellow, cartoon kind, not the tRump kind)
- Champagne bubbles in Epernay
- The name of the country Djibouti
- The thought of a Blue Tsunami in November
- The Tour de France
- The Crones of Anarchy Facebook page
- The idea that there is really a pee tape
- Hearing my grandkids call me Nana
- Memories of “Hulking out” for my kids when they were young
- German chocolate cake
- Robert Downey Jr.
- Hearing an Al Green song. Any Al Green song.
- Cappuccinos in Rome
- The opening number of Hamilton
- The Kangaroo Sanctuary in Alice Springs, Australia
- The possibility of a US Senator Beto O’Rourke
- Reading your blogs (some of you make me LOL!)
- Uptown Funk by Bruno Mars and Happy by Pharrell Williams
- Hubs and 1 year old granddaughter watching the Five Little Ducks video
- Any trip requiring a passport
- Grandson and DIL dancing to We Know The Way from Moana
- Any meme with Cadet Bonespurs and family/friends in orange jumpsuits
- Hugs from either one of my sons
- Roadrunner cartoons
- Wonder Woman
- Hitting that Publish button!
So…I feel better.
What about you?
What makes you smile? Laugh? A funny story that made you belly laugh (so much so that maybe a little pee pee leaked out?)